Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

August: Month in review (BEDA #31)





Well, this is the last day of BEDA, I thought I’d have a look back at the month of August.

It started off with a bang with my friend and roommate S’s birthday. We celebrated by decorating the house with balloons, streamers, and post it notes; what better way to wake up? We acknowledged Esther day by buying These Star Won’t Go Out bracelets and by telling our family and other loved ones how we feel. We experienced the elation of finding out that the Internet rumours of Eureka’s cancellation were fake, only to have the knife turned and Syfy revoke their decision just days later.

I invited you into my life and home and told you things.  I went to a male review show and took you along with me to experience the hilarity of the event and opened the doors to my bathroom with a look at my DIY disaster. You danced with me when I celebrated my coffee win and we all laughed when the Rumplestiltskin Once Upon A Time poser was revealed.

August also heralded the introduction of my Favourite Female Character on TV series. There is still my top five to go, as well as some guest posts and special mentions.

In August my ‘Is James really Harry’s father?’ post was still the most popular, followed by Linkin Park quotes Battlestar: Galactica, Book Time! The Night Creatures: Burn Bright, and Sad day for Science Fiction fans (BEDA #9). Most of you still found me through Google searching for Harry Potter references, but Twitter and Gateworld also brought a few more of you over.

So all in all August was a pretty good month. My baby sister turned 20 and my big bro 27. Times are changing and people are growing up. Hugs and kisses all around.

But don’t think because I’m not posting every day that I will forget about you. There are still movies to watch, books to read, and TV shows to talk about. I’ll still be here a while longer yet, if you’ll let me.

So, for my last day I’d like to ask you all a favour. How did you get here? Are you a FaceBook friend, did you find me on Twitter, or were you searching for something and decided to stick around? Leave a comment and let me know!

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment