Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Re-introduction (BEDA #11)

Me, and a cat. I am not a blogging cat (sad face)


I seem to be getting a few new readers coming in from various places, so I figured today would be the perfect day to do a little re-introduction.

Whether you found me through a search for Harry Potter, Eureka, Burn Bright, or Supanova, then you will no doubt know that I am a nerd. Scratch that-a huge nerd. I love all things science fiction and geeky, and the more off-kilter the better. This is where you've come, I hope you enjoy.

A little bit about myself, I have just finished a Masters degree in writing, editing, and publishing, and between episodes of The Morning Show and Dr Phil I am looking for work. When I'm not doing that, I'm here writing or doing freelance writing or putting up articles at www.coolshite.net or http://blogcritics.org/. Writing is kind of my thing, as you can see. Like I said before, I am a nerd and love that culture, so most of the things I write about are from that culture or not that culture. Having loved reading and science fiction and fantasy for my whole life, I know what it's like to be a part of the 'fringe' crowd and I love to endorse anything niche, too.

Apart from nerdy blogs, I also have a series called 'Everything I Learnt About Life I Learnt From TV'. This is where I impart the wisdom that comes with spending way too many hours in front of the television set. Some people watch TV as an escape from life but not me; I watch it to learn about life. I'm also starting a new series tomorrow about my favourite female characters on TV. With some help from my FaceBook friends I compiled a list of my favourite female charactes. Stay tuned for that, because it might get controversial.

So, that's me! Whether you found me through Blogcritics or a Google search I hope you stick around. Feel free to leave a comment about why you came and if there's anything you like/don't like. Other than that, have a nice day!

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment