Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

TV time: Doctor Who, The Impossible Astronaut

This post contains spoilers for the New Who, 3201 "The Impossible Astronaut", so if you haven't seen that episode then you won't want read on...








Okay, that's enough space.
First of all, this isn't gonna be a recap, it's gonna be a review. If you haven't seen the ep then I'm not going to go into details about it. There are plenty of places online where you can do that like here or here. I really loved this episode. I figured out that the doctor at the beginning was a future doc before the characters did, but then again I'm sure a lot of people did that, too, so not gloating (although I did get it before someone else I was watching it with. now I am gloating).

The Silence are very scary. They look like they're the main character from The Scream, and they are bloody frightening. Luckily, I didn't think that the way they killed was frightening at all; rather, it was quite funny. I'm glad that they did that, because they would have been way scarier if they killed better.

I'm not sure if I believe that Amy is pregnant. It seemed like that's what the Silence in the white house bathroom was talking about, when he said that Amy needs to tell the doctor what he should know. There is some speculation that she just said that because she couldn't remember about the Silence and she didn't want to tell him about his future death. I guess we'll find out, and not a moment too soon!
Those don't sound like compelling theories - she doesn't wanna screw up the time line by telling him when he'll die, but she's fine with killing his killer? - But you never know with this show.

Mark A Sheppard is a glorious actor. I will shout his praises till the end of time; there is nothing that he can't do. I have a theory that Canton 3 is gay, because that's the only reason why his getting married would be against the law. Also, the way he was flirting with the doctor. Of course, I tend to believe that Sheppard's characters are always in flirt mode, so that could be just me. What does everyone else think?

Let me know what you all thought of this episode. Good, bad, ugly? Is Amy pregnant? Why are the villains called the Silence? Did Amy kill a child? Place your thoughts in the comments.

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment