Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Birthday Memories 2011

It was my birthday on Saturday, and this blog is going to be quite self-referential for a moment when I list my favourite memories of the day. Many of my readers won't be 'in' on the joke of some of the memories, but this isn't a blog to make you feel left out or to boast about my fantastic life. It's to be a reminder of the great day, one that will hopefully stand the test of time. When those inevitable sad and lonely moments arise I will be able to look back at this entry and smile and maybe even laugh a little. I also hope that this post will encourage others to post about days that seemed perfect. On this list are some moments that, after they happened, felt like they belong in some sort of movie. They were surreal moments that you think could only exist in sound stages after multiple takes and camera set ups. Yet these are the real moments that happen in our day to day lives. I want you all to remember the little things that spark joy and wonder and uncontrollable laughter in your lives. Post them here in the comments, on your own blog, Twitter or FaceBook, or just write them down on a piece of paper or sticky note to keep near you so you too can remember them.
Birthday Memories 2011:
- Getting lost on the way out of a service station car park
-Turn around, bright eyes ;)
-Seeing a McKinley High cheerleader walking next to a person in full Slytherin house gear
-Talking to friends I haven't seen in a long time
-Getting a hug from Christopher Lloyd
-Falling asleep to Boondock Saints


But my most favourite memory of the day is one of the ones that I didn't think ever happens in real life. My favourite memory from my birthday is sitting in a car full of some of my best friends and family in the world singing along with The Proclaimers "500 Miles" while going 110 down the highway. Well, maybe shouting along is the better word.


So post away and let's all share in the wonder and delight of your favourite memories.


Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment