Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sneak Peak: Once Upon A Time




I got a sneak preview for a new TV series Once Upon A Time in the mail, and boy did it get the blood flowing! I’m a massive LOST fan and I’m always keeping an eye out for shows that give us not only interesting plot twists but characters with changing motivations and situations that make you rethink your previous assumptions. I’m a television aficionado (you’re shocked, I know), and I love series that rope you in and make you watch every week. It started with me way back when with Buffy and then Angel, but lately there hasn’t been that many shows that I love on that same level. Supernatural used to be one, then came LOST and Fringe (JJ, I love ya, call me).
Once Upon A Time seems like it could be my next big hit. Once Upon follows Anna Swan, a young bail bonds collector who has just been tracked down by the son that she gave up for adoption ten years ago. Rather than being angry towards his mother, Henry tells her that they, as well as everyone else in Storybrooke, are characters from fairytales who have forgotten who they are.
It sounds a bit crazy, but there is a lot more than meets the eye. Family rivalries are played out on the screen when it is revealed that the Evil Queen whose curse has trapped everybody in ‘the real world’ is Henry’s foster mother.
Produced by Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz, you know that there is going to be twists and turns along the way. Fairytales brimming with darkness, this is definitely an adult series even though characters like Snow White and Jiminy Cricket make appearances. With Robert Carlyle playing Rumplestiltskin, you know this is gonna be terrifying (as well as hilarious).
Keep an eye out for Once Upon when it comes your way; most likely I’ll be continuing my segment TV Time with this show.
What do you think about it? Will this be a rival for Fringe and Warehouse 13, or is it too much like other failed series? Put it in the comments.

Kathy


Tags: ABC, Once Upon A Time, fairytales,  Robert Carlyle, Rumplestiltskin, Josh Dallas, Prince Charming, James Dornan, Jared Gilmore, Ginnifer Goodwin, Snow White, Jennifer Morrison, Anna Snow, Lana Parilla, Evil Queen, Raphael Sbarge, LOST, Jiminy Cricket, Adam Horowitz, Edward Kitsis, fall line, TV time, new show, sneak peak

No comments:

Post a Comment