Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Be My Kryptonite?

Taken from the Wikipedia page on Kryptonite


The UK group One Direction has taken the world by storm so fast that it's almost impossible to go one day without hearing their songs. And just this morning I heard them on the TV when a certain part of their song caught my attention. The song was 'One Thing', which I don't particularly mind except for this part: "you're my kryptonite/you keep making me weak". 
Yep, the girl to whom he is singing is like his Kryptonite and makes him weak! That’s a horrible thing to say to someone! For those who don’t know, Kryptonite is a mineral from the Superman universe and, while it comes in many different forms among the many different versions of Superman, it always does the Man of Steel more harm than good. After hearing this song I started thinking about this and came to the conclusion that I never want to be someone’s Kryptonite, and neither do you.
  1. Green Kryptonite makes superman weak! Is that the type of relationship you want, constantly bringing him/her down? No way.
  2. Red Kryptonite has a variety of different effects such as paralysis, apathy, selfishness, even hallucinations... in short, it makes superman crazy! Now, we all wanna make our man ‘crazy with love’ but this doesn't make superman more willing to love, at least not one woman if you get my drift.
  3. Black Kryptonite splits his personality! I want my man to be able to trust me with his whole self, not just part of it, and I certainly don’t want to cause him to hide himself from anybody else.


Personally, I'd rather be a Utility Belt. 

Taken from the Wikipedia page on Batman's Utility Belt
Batman's famous accessory helps him in many different circumstances. He doesn't rely on it all the time but he can use it whenever he wants to scale a building or take down some bad guys. Rather than make him weak, the belt makes him strong. Among other things the Utility Belt comes with: but-cuffs, batarangs, master bat-key, batlight, and a flamethrower! Basically, whatever circumstance Batman finds himself in; his Utility Belt can help him out.
So when you’re thinking about your relationship, think about what you give to your partner. Do you make them weak by bringing them down or forcing them to be someone/something they’re not, or do you make them stronger by helping them whenever they need it?
That’s just my two cents; feel free to leave your own in the comments.
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment